7.5.12

A Letter From the Editor

Dear Readers,

It's been a while and I've missed you terribly.  This recent journey I've embarked upon, delving deeper into my yogic studies and Ayurvedic lifestyle is beyond words, but "incredible" will have to suffice.

If I've never shared this with you before, something of note is that for the last five years I've struggled with some very serious back pain.  It wasn't until after several bouts with immobility and a lengthy period of referred nerve pain throughout my body that I made a trip to San Jose for an MRI that provided a diagnosis.  I have spinal stenosis and degenerative disc disease.  I also have a herniated disc, a rare one at that since it's centrally compressed causing bilateral pain -- which, in a strange way, has become kind of fun.  Allow me to explain.  Doctors rarely see this kind of herniation or the symptoms that come with it, so my case has brought on so much attention for medical understanding that it's provided me with greater knowledge AND a better ability to handle and progressively treat the situation.  -- If I haven't said this before, I'm a bit of an anatomy nerd. --

That said, between the intricate details of meditation, pranayam (yogic breathing techniques) and my now very intense multiple times per day physical yoga practice, I'm coming into a new and truly wonderful place.  All of these things are bringing me so much closer to what we call the Seer, the Purusha, the Soul... my soul... me.  Working towards looking through the mind, as a window, from the vantage point of my soul, life is appearing more and more miraculous.

Now, I know, you're grown accustomed to the fashion dialogue and accounts of my adventures to new boutiques, eateries and exciting mini-vacations.  You will not miss one of these things, they're still to come.  As a matter of fact, this week my assistant, Katt, and I will begin sharing DIY's for Prom Season, a day-trip to Long Beach and a new little must-see shop I've been dying to share with you, as well as some fantastic tips for your best summer yet!

I simply wanted to share with you, as we've grown so close these past few months, where I've been and where I'm going.  Each Monday, I'll be writing you to share a piece of my personal experience and how this yoga intensive is broadening the horizons of my life towards a more blessed living experience.  I hope that you enjoy traveling a little nearer to my story each time and, even more, I hope that somehow this inspires you to live each day a little more slowly, with passion for every passing moment and with love for every living thing.

Namaste.

xoxo,
   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...