3.3.12

Savvy Saturdays: Plain, She Ain't

image: courtesy of Jane Bates
Jane "Janey" Bates is our Gal Saturday, and a fair lady she be.

Married and cuddled up in her comfy North Yorkshire, UK abode, Janey's passions are quite varied.  She's a death-defying motorcycling sports fanatic and cares for children as a qualified nursery nurse, all while making the ends meet as an accountant for an Energy Consulting Firm -- The Green Room is getting a double dose of UK goodness from this one.

Read on, lovelies!
I love my family, friends and animals and I consider myself to have the best of all three.  
I’m mad for music, cooking and the environment.  The GreenRoom will be pleased to hear we already have a composter -- recycling is a must (husband rolls eyes at the soggy washed cardboard food packaging that he finds on the draining board) -- and our newest gadget is an Eco Shower Drop.  You calibrate it with your shower & it sounds an alarm when you have used a certain amount of water, which is great for me because I can stand in the shower for ages daydreaming!
I like reading about fashion -- what’s in, what the stars and style-aficionados are wearing.  With the big 4.0. fast approaching, my wardrobe is most definitely classic-meets-casual. 
image: courtesy of Jane Bates

























I gravitate towards versatile pieces, those that can be dressed up as well as paired with cozy attire on a rainy day.   
  • The floral blouse is from Gap.  I have worn it over the cami (also Gap) with black trousers for an elegant evening wedding 'do, and only a few weeks later, matched it up with jeans and a little black cardi for a casual holiday gathering.  
  • The pink hoodie with the ribbon (Lipsy, London) gives me quite a bit of use for stylishly casual outings... popping in to see friends or lazy day strolls to share a meal with the folks.
  • Ahhh, the shoes -- insert husband groaning as I meander toward the Jimmy Choo’s in department stores.  I'm a thrifty kinda girl though, and these dandies are actually members of the "Able" family -- comfortAble, affordAble Clarks -- and they make me feel a like million dollars.  
  • In the words of Coco Chanel “A woman who doesn’t wear perfume has no future” – extreme, perhaps, but I like it.  I have 3 on the go at the moment, all by Valentino: 'Very Valentino', 'Rock & Rose Couture' and 'Valentina'.
  • The sunnies are Chanel.  When I wear them all the world is rosey!  
  • My favourite bracelet is in the picture too.  It was a bridesmaid gift.  Sparkly, pink & hearts: that’s me to a tee.  I’m like a magpie when any of these surface through the transparent glaze of shop windows.
image: courtesy of Jane Bates
Janey joins in the Race for Life yearly.  For those not familiar with RFL, it's a 5k run/walk for the ladies that raises money for Cancer Research in the UK.
A friend and I have raised over £1,000 so far and it’s great fun. It must be quite a sight seeing a load of women, dressed in pink (some in costume and fairy wings) belting around a racecourse!

She's the real deal.  

Jane Bates is living life as right as rain, saving lives and the planet as a whole, styling her world in shades of pink... and loving every minute of it.

Janey, j'adore.

Click HERE to Follow Her on Twitter 
Click HERE to Find Janey on Facebook

xoxo,

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...